The concerts of the 2nd edition of the Festival will logically and emotionally continue same jazz environment set in 2013, by offering to our public a chance to enjoy various concerts of a group of artists-composers-performe
In a rhythm of two concerts per evening, the audience is invited to enlighten its spirit in the most exquisite historical and architectural monument set up from the South Eastern part of Europe, a place full of history and dark hollywoodish stories due to Dracula’s myth. The best known Romanian tourist destination becomes, this summer’s last weekend, the host of an exquisite jazz festival, with notorious names in the line-up:
• From Norway will come Trygve Seim, saxophone player and complex musician, in duo with pianist and organ player Andreas Utnem. The two will play both at the Castle and Rasnov Evangelic Church.
• Danish trumpeter Palle Mikkelborg, with fellow national Carsten Dahl – piano and Helen Davies – concert harp.
• Paolo Angeli (IT), on prepared Sardinian guitar, effects and electronics.
• Project (and quartet) “Switch” from one of the most followed and influential contemporary musicians, trumpeter Nils Petter Molvaer (Norway)
• French accordionist Vincent Peirani, youngest multiple prized star of the French jazz scene, returning to RO with sax player Emile Parisien, prized as the artist of the year 2014 in France;
• Italian bandoneon and piano player Daniele Di Bonaventura, together with Norwegian trumpeter Mathias Eick.
The Festival will host for all its length, as artist-in-residence, the great Paolo Vinaccia, Italian percussionist and drummer who will contribute to the majority of the concerts from 2014 edition, by nourishing with his power and skill many of the duos and trios.
Tickets and passes for the 2nd edition of Jazz at Bran Castle can be purchased from :
• Eventim online,http://www.eventim.ro/ro/
• Andante Music Office, located at 47 Kogalniceanu Boulevard, Sector 5, Bucharest, 050108, Monday to Friday, 14:00-18:00 ( June 30 to August 20)
The pass is valid and grants access to all the festival concerts from August 29 to 31, 2014 – price RON 300.
The ticket for a concert – price RON 125.